What Can I Offer You?
- Evaluate academic, personal, and extracurricular background.
- Guide selection of appropriate and desired colleges.
- Assess chances of admission to target colleges.
- Help in developing a time line for the admissions process.
- Guide students, through self-assessment, to identify 'hooks' and strengths to highlight on their application.
- Help with specialized arts program selection and admissions, as well as planning for the specific requirements of the artistic review process.
- Assist in every aspect of the application (excluding financial aid): selection of essay topics, editing of essays and short answer questions, presentation of extracurricular achievements and academic recognition.
- Offer suggestions on how to solicit the most effective letters of recommendation from teachers and guidance counselors, as well as suggestions regarding supplemental recommendations.
- Suggest ways to make the most of college visits and appropriate contact with professors, admissions officers, coaches, alumni, and students.
- Work with the student on how to continually express interest in particular colleges, often a factor in the admissions process.
- Prepare a student for alumni and on-campus interviews through mock interviews and offering tips.
- For tenth and eleventh grade students, assist with course planning, testing schedule, extracurricular choices, and summer activities.
- Provide support and open and honest feedback through every step of the process until after the waitlist (if necessary) and guide in choosing a college once acceptances are offered.
Copyright © 2024 College-Wise. All rights reserved.